he initiative for founding this science center came from a small group of Davis residents with science and education backgrounds who perceived science as a valuable and fascinating endeavor. They were interested in augmenting the quality of life in Davis and were excited about the possibility of creating a new style of science center which would present science to people of all ages and backgrounds in a "friendly, involving manner".
- • "A Look Back at the First Twenty years"
The history of this center as serialized in 2002-03 in the quarterly "Science Centered" Newsletter.
- The Foundation Years 1979-1986 by Nicole Starsinic
- Changing, Expanding; 1986-1992 by Nicole Starsinic
- 1992 to Today by Nicole Starsinic
- Looking Ahead to the Future by Suzanne Ullensvang
• "The Davis Science Center Story
Taken from the booklet written in 1991 by Anne Hance and illustrated by Cynthia Wong Leonard.
• The Davis Science Center Building Planning 1984-1991
• A Chronological History 1979 – 1999