Explorit Science Center, Davis, California
with your family for hands-on science. an Explorit hands-on science program for your school. there are many ways you can help.
EXPLORIT EVENTS and HAPPENINGS!
➣ Saturday, December 31, 2016 11:00am to 1:00pm
Happy Noon Year!
Don't let bedtime get you down. You can celebrate the change from the old year (2016) to the new (2017) at Explorit with your family on Saturday, December 31 from 11:00am to 1:00pm.
We'll have a science party at Explorit and we'll count down to the stroke of noon!
Free for parents with paid child admission of $10.00
Winter at Explorit 2016 - 2017
This winter Explorit has exciting workshops--everything from turkeys in November to warmth in December to bottle flipping in January!! - Children ages 5 - 12 can enjoy some fun and experience some science from 10 am to 12 noon. Each day has a different theme, so register for more than one!!Special event on December 31--Happy "Noon" Year! Enjoy a fun family festival twelve hours early!
Online registration begins Friday, November 11, 2016 at 9 am.
Explorit members, use the code 2016Member to receive your discount!
"Think Elephants" Conservation Club for 5th-8th graders:
- "Do you love elephants? So do we! That's why Explorit's Conservation Club is happening in February, 2017.
- DOWNLOAD the flier.
- In partnership with Think Elephants, International, Explorit's Conservation Club is a special program for 5th-8th grade students to discover the world of conservation through studying Asian elephants.
- We'll spend each Saturday morning in February investigating animal behavior with hands-on activities, capping off the month with a live Skype call with animal researchers and elephants in Thailand! Save the lovely month of February for everybody's favorite pachyderm!"
- Students are required to attend all four workshops.
- The registration fee for the workshop series is $130, with 25% of the proceeds going to Think Elephants International.
Explorit's two Nature Bowl Teams
Explorit’s Nature Bowl teams meet Thursday afternoons, 3:45-4:45 pm in Explorit’s West Wing classroom, beginning Thursday, October 13. Joining an Explorit team is easy, and is open to all 3rd-6th graders. Call Explorit at 530-756-0191 right away for sign-up information. READ MORE
Calling all scientists! The Alda Center at Stony Brook University Calls for Scientists to Enter The Flame Challenge 2017. This annual contest challenges scientists to explain complex science topics to 11-year-olds. The 2017 topic is Energy. Explorit encourages you to enter the competition that is judged by 11-year olds themselves.
EXPLORIT'S REGULAR PROGRAMS
Programs for School and other Groups
For the general public:
Visit Explorit's Exploration Gallery for a great individual or family experience
Nano Exhibits with signage in English and Spanish are on display as well as "Water in Our World" and other exploration activities!
Our hands-on gallery is filled with experiments and investigations!
Try this Water Quiz before you visit!
Was June 13 thru August 19, 2016
Summer-Learning Fun At Explorit, 3141 5th Street, Davis See Video
Support Explorit's programs to benefit children's science learning and
adult science literacy
JOIN or DONATE online
Members and donors are our most important source of support.