Programs for the Public and Schools
Learn about Explorit's many offerings for kids, adults, teens, families, teachers and anyone who's curious about the world around them.
• NEW! HOMESCHOOL SCIENCE ADVENTURES AT EXPLORIT
Available as of September 1, 2016: Homeschool groups are invited to select from eight science topics to study at Explorit. Topics and Reservation information.
• SCIENCE PROGRAMS FOR SCHOOL GROUPS AT EXPLORIT
Elementary school classes and groups visit Explorit during the school year for a variety of STEM enrichment programs.The current program options at Explorit are: "Discovery Lessons", "Inquiry Labs" and "Nature Safaris".
• SCIENCE PROGRAMS THAT TRAVEL TO YOUR SCHOOL SITE
Explorit's educators travel from Davis with hands-on programs to elementary schools in 12 to 18 counties each year.The current traveling programs are: "Classroom Adventures", and "Family Science Nights"
• SCIENCE AT EXPLORIT FOR CHILDREN, FAMILIES AND OTHER ADULTS
- NOW SHOWING IN THE MUSEUM. Visit us for real hands-on science.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES - ages 4-11yrs. Two levels of science themed fun.
- COMMUNITY SCIENCE PROJECTS (CSP). Year-long, collaborative, county-community events and programs on themes chosen every two or three years.
- ASTRONOMY - the Davis-Explorit Astronomy Club - for adults/families
- FAMILY EXPLORATIONS, Festivals, Workshops, 'Meet the Scientist', and 'Extended Hours'.
- SCIENCE LECTURE SERIES. An evening lecture series, connecting a general public audience with science professionals
- NATURE BOWL. An ecology, conservation, team program for individual 3rd through 6th graders
- CONSERVATION CLUB - "THINK ELEPHANTS" FLIER
- SCOUT PROGRAMS
- SUMMER SCIENCE CAMP Week-long sessions for grades pre-K thru 8
• TEACHER RESOURCES
- DOWNLOAD 2016-17 Program Guide (350K PDF)
- TEACHER PACKETS (TERPS) for Group/Class ProgramsThese supplements are intended to help teachers prepare their students for an Explorit experience. Each TERP contains background information, standards alignment and activities for before and after the program.
- is a teacher and student resource for writing science stories and poems about spiders. Fictional writing about real science. In this case the writing must be about spiders.