Homeschool Science Adventures
Starting September 1, 2016
Reserve a special program for your homeschool group! Join with other homeschool families for a science adventure at Explorit Science Center! [DOWNLOAD FLIER - 4MB]
- An Explorit educator facilitates a hands-on science investigation at Explorit's Davis site.
- Topics are age specific and can accommodate up to 20 children
- We require one adult chaperone for every seven children.
- Programs are available Tuesday through Friday
- Each program is 75 minutes.
- Reservations are made by phone at (530) 756-0191 or by email at email@example.com.
- $100 for up to 12 children. Each additional child is $10.
- The maximum number of children is 20.
Homeschool Science Adventure Topics - as of September 1, 2016
- Creature Features (ages 4 – 6) Investigate animal traits, characteristics, and adaptations with specimens and live animals.
- Machines at Work (ages 4 – 6) Explore the six main types of simple machines while experimenting with the forces of motion.
- Catch a Wave (ages 4 – 6) Discover waves—see the sound waves of your voice or use vibrations to move objects.
- Junior Geologists (ages 7 & up) Explore the forces and characteristics of volcanoes, earthquakes, rocks, and mineral forms.
- Harvesting Energy (ages 7 & up) Experiment with energy sources and how they can be converted into heat, light, and motion.
- Small, Smaller, Nanotechnology (ages 7 & up) Investigate the nanotechnology in nature, health, biology, energy, and the environment.
- Microscopic Marvels (ages 7 & up) Discover the tiny pictures on coins and the miniscule animals living in a drop of pond water. Through the lens of a microscope, there’s much to explore.
- Nature in your Neighborhood (all ages) Explore the soil, plants, and animals in the park ecosystem.